Thursday, July 02, 2009

Rain, Rain Go Away, Come Again Another Day...


Do kids still sing that song? It's been raining all morning here in CNY, or "upstate New York" to aliens. We can only take so much TV, even with the gazillions of channels I have available. Baby chicks, baby kid goats, baby kittens and friendly dogs only last so long. We need to get out of the barn. I called my old friend Barb Taylor of Taylor Tack and Field and asked for a lesson for Hannah and Luke. After much thought she said come at three. Just what I was hoping for. Barb is a terrific and strict taskmaster when it comes to lessons. Jean can take them riding through the woods and fields, but that's outside. Barb's big beautiful inside arena is perfect for a rainy day. H & L have such exciting lives in northern California with their Boy Scout adventure activities and camping on the beach. But I can give them horses - something unique and a life skill they can always use. Who knows when they might have to jump on a horse and go for help???? Or they can just ride for pleasure. I get the ultimate grandmotherly experience of sitting on a chair and watching my grandkids go 'round and 'round on beautiful horses. Better get some chores done now and make sure their jeans are clean. I just tried to give them some of my Nanny McPhee chicken soup (Annie knows what that is!) for lunch but they politely declined. Oh, well, there's always PB&J...

1 comment:

Anna said...

The weather man said we had 21 days of rain in the month of june. I honestly only remember 3 sunny days.....My yard is a mud pit. Last night I had a dream that someone sunk into my yard, with the mud over their head. Hope you guys get sun down there soon, maybe it will make its way up to us northerners.