Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 2 at the Madison County Fair



The Focus on Fiber exhibit at the Madison County Fair was much busier today. Hannah took a felting class then taught one of her own. She's a terrific sales woman and worked my table so I could hear a lecture from Dr. Janet Ambrose, a professor of textiles at Syracuse University. My fiber friends came from the retreat they were on to visit the exhibit and hear the talk. The weather was terrific and I met some local Brookfield folks, including one of the two town magistrates, Judge Merrill, who purchased some soap. I got some inside poop on some local goings-on. So much fun. After 8 hours of work/play I brought my exhausted but happy grandchildren home to the farm. They were fantastic the whole day and said they had a GREAT time. We are expecting Kim and Crew tonight. Their trailer is ready and we'll light the campfire so the coals will be ready for marshmallows when they pull in.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Hope you all have fun with your company. We'll call on Sunday. Love to all!