Tuesday, June 08, 2010

Welcome Baby Girl June



I found this little doe kid with her shy mother in the back of the barn two nights ago. Mom loves her baby but is a bit flighty. Last night she jumped out of the pen we put her in with her baby and was reluctant to jump back in. I figured if she got out she could get back in but nothing doing. Mom and baby need to be together for nursing in the first few days of life, undisturbed by the rest of the flock. There was a few difficult minutes of chasing her around before I went to bed last night and before I left for work (ah, the job!). I finally decided to put the baby out of the pen loose with mom. They were fine when I got home, but mom decided to leave Baby June in the barn and go out to pasture. This little thing is way too young to go out to pasture. I had a bit of bonding time before putting her down to get dinner going. Hope Mom gets her udder back in here soon.

3 comments:

Henya said...

She is so pretty! Cheer up, the school is over soon.

Four Owls Farm said...

Love the name, sweet baby, she looks like Billy. Perhaps a rainy day to keep Mom occupied inside the barn.

Sean Redmond said...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/06/10/anthony-weiner-goat-injur_n_608033.html