Sunday, June 20, 2010

Pig in a Poke





I left the door to the silo room open and the curious piggies decided to go in and investigate. To my horror, one little pig actually jumped down into the empty silo. He had company in the form of some kittens that a new mother had delivered and raised in the silo. She "appeared" here one day, probably another drop-off or stray, and was extremely shy. I had been dropping food to her and the kittens in the silo and maybe the piggies were sniffing out the kitty munchies. If the pig had been much bigger the kittens might have become the munchies! I had no choice but to catch the pig and get him out of there and while doing that I could get the kittens. Thankfully Mia was up to the task and almost caught him, but piggies are reeeally fast. I jumped down there to help out and Mia chased him right to me. I hoisted the wiggly piggy up out of the silo and he ran to his brothers who had abandoned him. Mia and I collected the hissing, spitting kitties who are now in a cage eating lovely fishy canned food. If only I could catch Mom and get her fixed, but that's going to be difficult. So what else is new?

1 comment:

Henya said...

A new sporting event - hog wrestling?! 8-)