Sunday, June 06, 2010

Quackers


I should never complain about the rain as we need it so badly for the fields and people's gardens. After almost two weeks of sunny weather the ground is real dry. Farmer's got a nice first cut done for their baleage. The dyed fleece on my drying rack is getting a thorough washing this weekend. Oh, well, it won't hurt it and it will dry eventually. I just hope too many birds don't practice their bombing runs on it. Speaking of birds, my quackers are enjoying play time in my big bathtub. I put them in there when I'm cleaning the giant rubber tub full of the new purebred chicks. I wish I could have Mr. Maines, our local excavator, dig a duck pond for me, close to the barnyard. For now I will look for a baby pool for the duckies. I've always wanted a Jemima Puddleduck ala' Beatrix Potter. Now I have two, along with four Blue Swede ducks. Imagine that, Swedish ducks! They are so beautiful, and will compliment the big white girls with their lovely shades of grey and blue.

1 comment:

Henya said...

They are so cute! Your farm is like Noach's Ark.