Monday, August 03, 2009

Unscented Soap?


Yes, as strange as it seems, people want it. It just doesn't seem right. There are some folks who have a terrible time with scents. They cover their noses and rush past my booth. I am all about scented anything, as I live in a big stinky barn and lovely, flowery or spicey smells are very refreshing. I make a batch of Unscented Honey Oatmeal every couple of years and it sells slowly, but it sells. I still have some cute chicken fabric to wrap it in. I have been doing laundry, tending critters, taking garbage out, and, after a trip to town to do some banking, I started cooking some unscented soap. I also have a pot of shaving block soap melting in my other big pot. It's a lot of work to keep mashing the soap as it melts, and pouring it into the box lid is difficult, but people like the big funky blocks. One man came to the booth and said he used his last block for two years. It's nice to have some quantitative information to tell other customers. In the meantime, I spoke briefly to Luke who sounded like he was deeply involved in a movie, and when we were cut off and I called back, he immediately gave the phone to Hannah. They both are happy to be home and back in the California groove, which is just the way it should be.

1 comment:

Steph said...

Not sure about other people, but I prefer unscented soaps when I am going to be outdoors for any length of time. I learned to love unscented soaps when I lived in Northern Minnesota, land of 10,000+ lakes and mosquitoes who were huge and hungry. Here in NH we live in a wooded area, and I still use unscented soaps when I am going to be home. Steph in NH