Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday Night


I am pretty tired. Think I won't make the almond soap that I should make tonight. That would keep me up for another two - three hours and I don't want to stand up that long. So much excitement. Mia left to join Andrew in Syracuse, with her new goodies safely stashed in the back seat of her little Hyundai. I miss her a lot, but always do when she takes the sunshine with her. We have such good conversation and I love hearing everything that's going on in her life. She's such a great help to me on the farm, and says she comes here because she LIKES it. I don't hear that very often. I have a bad couple of hours when she goes, then I snap myself out of it. There are reasons why I keep myself crazy busy with all these things I do. I realized I was out of chick feed and went to town to get some corn meal. While in the market I almost bought the Sunday NY Times, then saw the price was $6.50!! For the first time I can remember I passed on the Times. That's a lot of money for a newpaper that I don't have time to read cover to cover. I got a few things and drove back the 10 miles to the farm, stopping at the tractor shed to pick up the Suri alpaca fleeces I need to wash. Got my goods in the apt. and gave the 13 bathroom chicks some pretty yellow corn meal. They don't like it!! I mixed it with oatmeal, but that doesn't seem to help. Hope I can get to the feed store before any of them keel over. I've managed to keep all 13 alive for a few days and don't want to lose any now. Matt called from Yosemite yesterday. For some reason I thought he and Sean were really camping, and boiling freeze dried meals over a fire, etc. Matt and Sean are enjoying buffet dinners at lodges in the park after hiking during the day. Not too shabby. They are having a fantastic time. AJ is back at the seminary in Yonkers and I am holding down the farm. I have to work hard to make product for the next two weeks. First show is on Sept. 12. Yikes!

No comments: