Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to Red


The clouds drifted away last night long enough for me to get a couple of hours of fiber drying in. The days are getting shorter and colder. I wore flannels last night and put on my Carhartt to take the dogs out this morning. Another hurricane is coming up the coast. Looks like the hay weather is over. A neighbor farmer is taking most of the grass across the road, but is not getting nearly as much out of that field as he could have. Too bad. If properly managed that field could yield thousands of bales. But it's not my field. The people who have been taking hay out of there for years never fertilize it. It just doesn't seem right. I'll have to downsize again this winter. I'm trying not to think about that now. Mia is coming today. What a joy she is. Three whole days with my sweet baby girl. I was hoping we could do the market together on Saturday, but with Danny on the way, it's doubtful. We'll make the most of the time anyway. I want Mia to swim with Mary's Amazing Dog Team. It's better than swimming with dolphins! And very local!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What doesn't seem right is that you moved in with animals without the ability to harvest or pay for enough feed for them.

Anna said...

What doesn't seem right is that people whom obviously don't know you or your animals would come onto your space and make comments like that!

Maggie's Farm said...

Dear Anonymous...if everyone were like you Columbus would never had sailed and Americans would never have ventured past the Appalachians to take a chance in the West. You can kiss my big fat white ass!