Friday, August 14, 2009

Still Nice


The good weather is expected to continue through the weekend. I'm hopeful the market is busy, but the huge Bouckville Antique Extravaganza that's going on this weekend might cut down on my traffic. We should still get the regulars but the tourists - we'll see. Mary and I got in a good swim last night after waiting in the screen hut for a sudden rainstorm to pass over. Luckily we had the Beefeaters and some good conversation to keep us occupied. She wouldn't mind swimming while being pelted with rain but for me it just didn't have the same thrill. I like blazing sun on my face while the rest of me is submerged in the cold spring water. The colors in the sky and the cloud formations from the storm were breathtaking. Puffs of black, white and pink were superimposed over brilliant blue. Mary brought us some new rafts from the dollar store and it took all our hot air to get them operational. We swam for a good hour or so and I was lucky to have Zella on my back for a while. The sun was setting when we crawled out of the pond and made our way back to our farms. We had been there for three hours! It's amazing how much more enjoyable something is when you have someone to share it with. I've had access to this pond for three years but haven't enjoyed it this much until Mary came along. She says she's been searching out the ponds in Brookfield for years and this is the best one. I think my braid is felted together from swimming in the pond day after day. No problem, I'll peel it loose and wash it today, just to say I did. Isn't vacation wonderful? More sewing in store for me today. I'll do some nasty chore just to keep my feet on the ground. Tomorrow is a work day.

No comments: