Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Happy Birthday Luke


My favorite grandson is 8 years old today. I wish I could be there to help celebrate. Every year I say next year I will be with him on his birthday, but it hasn't happened yet. Maybe next year. Luke is happy, engaging, smart and fun. He has a big, loving and loyal heart. I remember when he was born and Eric called to tell me they were naming him after a gun. Yes, it's true. Luke is named after one of the four cannon parked in the courtyard of the Virginia Military Institute, of Stonewall Jackson fame, where his daddy went to school. They are Matthew, Mark, Luke and John, after chapters in the New Testament. Luke is very affectionate and lovable. When he was in pre-school in Louisville, he would come home smelling of the teacher's cologne, evidence of the smooching he received every day. I know he is having fun in California. His Mommy and Daddy take him on adventures every weekend. Eric has already bought him a motorcycle (heaven help me!) and I wouldn't be surprised if he is flying his father's airplane sometime soon. I hope he flies cross-country to see his Omi, who misses him very much.

2 comments:

jan said...

What a lovely, mischievous smile. Happy Birthdy to Luke!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Happy Birthday Luke!!!!