Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pouring Rain


I knew four market weekends in a row was too much to hope for. Mia and I were up early and eager to hook up the trailer but the gray soup soon drowned our enthusiasm. Nothing is sadder than damp vendors sitting in a tent with no crowds. Better to work at home and we have plenty to do. But first, we have three magazines that need thorough examination - Martha Stewart, Haute Couture, and British Country Living. OH, the sweaters! OH, the chutneys! Our minds are racing. First, we'll heat up some of Mia's whole wheat scones (I call the Wagon Train scones) for breakfast and make another pot of coffee. I want to start her bed cover, promised since last summer. Sally Campbell, my bunny friend from Virgina, gifted me with some gorgeous fabric. Her dear departed mother had to abandon a lavish decorating project when she went to a nursing home. Sally packed it up and sent it to me. I've made several Bird on a Branch Messenger bags with it, but the rest of it will keep my darling daughter warm this winter. I made her some fabulous drapes last summer and she's been waiting patiently for this bedspread. I can't pay for her master's degree in nursing but I can surely sew for her. In the meantime I am digging in the tractor shed and found some lovely bag fabric. I just happen to have the perfect button already made - good karma!

No comments: