Friday, August 28, 2009

Glorious Golden Yellow


I adore yellow. It's the color of the sun and fire and warmth and happiness. Mia and I picked this alpaca and angora outside yesterday, then went to swim with Mary and the dogs. The summer day had just the hint of impending autumn in it, and the water was freezing, but still so revitalizing and wonderfully delicious. We drank gin and tonic then chatted on our floats for an hour or so. It was so much fun I was afraid to pinch myself for fear the scene would vaporize and I would be driving through a blizzard to BOCES again. I made a fabulous dinner of pork chops, Mary's veggies, pierogies, corn-on-the-cob, and homemade coleslaw. We assembled Mother Fiber sampler packs until one in the morning while watching silly movies on TV. I woke up at NINE AM, a miracle, when wet doggies piled on the bed. Mia had taken them on a hike up to the pond already and was on her way out to buy cat food in B'field. Am I the luckiest Crazy Cat Lady on the face of the earth???? Oh, the Nasty Anonymous Commenter is back. I really do think it's kind of funny. Anyone who publishes their thoughts is open to comment, good or bad, but even in newspapers people must give their names to get their comments in print, I believe. I'm kind of flattered that I say something worthy of controversy or argument. But this is hardly either. It's just nasty. I suspect this person is from around here and, being a "Downstater," I can't do anything right anyway...but the important thing is that I'm TRYING and I won't give up. I'm tough and creative and, like Celie says in "The Color Purple," I'm HERE!!

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

You keep on going!!! We're all cheering you on :) Sure wish the neighbours wouldn't make a stink or I'd have sheep up here LOL.
HUGS
Kim and crew

Annie said...

That yellow is gorgeous! I bet it will really make your blends pop this year.