Saturday, August 15, 2009

Market Musing


It's the agony and the ecstacy. So much work to lug all that heavy soap, set everything up so it looks appealling, then be happy and friendly all day long. It was hot but a gentle breeze made it bearable. The two new Celestial Bags went pretty quick, plus the last remaining Jungle Bag - wow! - AND the owner of the Sushi Blues Restaurant asked if she could barter sushi dinners for a bag! Fabulous! I sold a couple of notecards, a bowl of shaving soap, quite a few bars of soap, and a few jars of hand creme. I was thrilled since most of the crowd had gone to the Bouckville Antiques Extravaganza. I met some new local people, plus a shepherd who used to do what I do and is now a jewelry maker and rented the space next to me. Her business used to be Sterling Center Farm and she raised Cotswolds and Romneys. We traded shepherd stories and I understood totally what she was talking about...having trouble catching them to work on them, hay woes, physical ailments, etc. Now she carries a few boxes of jewelry, light as feathers, into her booth. I was envious...but for now, I'm enjoying the attention I get for the few humble creations I come up with, heavy as they are. I was able to buy $30 worth of melons and veggies from Mr. Wagner across from me, $20 worth of beeswax from Mahlon the beekeeper, and $20 for Earth Friendly detergent to wash my wool in next week. I took the rest of my meager earnings to Tractor Supply in Hamilton. We bought Matt some clothes for his upcoming trip to visit his son, Sean, in San Francisco. I found him a ticket last night that was MUCH cheaper than I feared. Matt is very excited about the trip. I am very excited about his trip, too. Mary just called for a swim and heaven knows I NEED IT!! Ciao for now!

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Way to go!!!!! mmm sushi now I'm hungry for supper :)
We need more bag pics!!!
HUGS
Kim