Monday, May 10, 2010

On the Road


Last week I drove my students to the market to buy food for our classroom kitchen. I recently passed my "Occasional Driver" test, which required a background check, urine test and physical, and now can drive students in school vehicles. Each student had a certain amount to spend on "real food." Three girls decided to pool their money and put on a Post Cinco De Mayo party, which they prepared today. We had so much fun in the store, and eating the tacos today was a real treat. Price Chopper had a ten mangos for ten dollars sale which made Maggie happy. I like driving the big BOCE van and hope to take my class to the farm before school is out. I would really like to give them brushes and put them to work painting my barn, but I don't have the nerve. Maybe next year...

1 comment:

Henya said...

Go for it! The kids would love giving your barn a nice coat of paint.