Sunday, May 09, 2010

Mother's Day 2010


What heaven having my baby daughter here to celebrate Mom's Day with me. After coffee and chatting we headed out to the Beaver Den Diner in Brookfield for breakfast. Took a while but was worth the wait. With snow blowing and wind howling we journeyed on to Sangerfield to get the Sunday NY Times. Mia wanted to check out the Sunday Styles section to see what the NYC glitterati are wearing and I found an article about my favorite AM TV show, Morning Joe. Back at the farm we hung the new curtains Mia brought me. I made them years ago for the shack in the woods I lived in when I first left Morristown. When I moved and made new curtains, Mia took these and used them until I made her new curtains two years ago. Good, lined curtains with quality fabrics never wear out. These yellow, red and green plaid panels look brand new, bright and springy and really perks up the apartment. I hope I can find two more panels packed away in the tractor shed. It's so much fun having a daughter getting married. We went to Barnes and Noble yesterday and went through a giant stack of bridal magazines. We made important decisions about favors, capelets for the bridesmaids (which I will make)to wear when they travel to and from the church and reception and floral arrangements. Mia will buy big pots of English ivy to grow in her sunny apartment on the two fireplace mantels. We decided to have small clay pots of ivy plants at each place setting, along with a heart soap. Mia likes classic and earthy things, nothing tacky or too fancy. She wants intense fuschia pink, red and purple flowers. Won't I have fun with those colors! After dinner at Panera we came home to find no power and no satellite TV. We did chores until late into the night with our head lamps on. It's still snowing and blowing today but the TV is back. We picked out Mia's fine china place setting, Marco Polo by Versace for Rosenthal. It's just gorgeous. Everyday dishes might be Lauren by Ralph Lauren supplemented by plain white dishes from Ikea. Here's a pic of the lovely Rosenthal...

1 comment:

Henya said...

Happy Mothers Day! Sounds like you are having lots of fun "Mother of the bride" stile. I love the china, it is beautiful. But nothing this fragile would survive here.