Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Consulting the Oracle


I was a bit out of sorts when I got home. Maybe it was the fact that I had to make two trips into the barn with my totes and groceries. On the way back through the five doors I must go through to get into the barn apartment the kitties ate their way through the bag and started to chow down on my take-out chicken speedies dinner. It's too hot to cook so I bought this upstate NY specialty chicken to put over some left-over rice I have at home. The kitties could have eaten through the bag of Meow Mix lying on the grass, but no, they went after the speedies. Thanks, Kitties. That incident, in addition to the fact that the only garbage hauler that comes to Brookfield didn't pick up my stinky garbage combined to put my nose out of joint. There was only one thing to do...dive in the cold pond and consult the oracle. What did she say? She told me to shake it off and enjoy the silky cool smoothness. That's just what I did, with the help of Mary who was there with the doggies. I had brought Holly and Izzy and we watched the doggies race for the ball (Mary has a monster throwing arm!)again and again. I'm proud of Holly as she swims with all her might to beat the super fast Border Collies to the ball (whining all the way!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should call the garbage company and request they come back and get it before next week--they forgot it they can make another trip after it.