Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Maryland Sheep and Wool 2010

So much to tell so I will do it in segments. After a busy night making creme, shaving cups and wrapping soap, we loaded the cargo trailer with everything we thought we would need. The weather was gloriously sunny and breezy. It was all systems go and our spirits were high. The seven hour, 366 mile trip was uneventful, with one stop at WM for sandals and a pair of pants. No Easy-Rider oatmeal jeans in my size in Maryland either. We pressed on to the Fairgrounds, just one hour east of Baltimore, as the sun was setting. We called Libby Llop's cell number and guided us to her new luxury horse trailer, where the horses (in our case sheep) live in the back while we relax in the gorgeous living quarters. We had a queen size loft bed, a pull out sofa, microwave, stove, refrigerator and shower - oh, and music piped through the apartment. I remembered my New Age Relaxation CD with herb tea, a gift from Kim, and we sipped, relaxed and chatted for a while before bedding down. Thursday was a day full of unpacking and setting up Maggie's Farm in building 2 where I am fortunate to have a space. It has a cross breeze which would prove to be our salvation as the temps started to soar. Saturday and Sunday would be brutal, with 100 F. heat and awful humidity that would test the most hardy festival patrons and vendors. Pictures to follow.

1 comment:

Henya said...

I am so exited! Please tell us more! I wish I got to go and see you there.