Sunday, May 16, 2010

Chicks on the Move



Holly's chicks are out of the bathroom and in the chicken room. They are protected within a large metal crate where I'll keep them for a week or so, safe from the big birds. Chickens can be very mean. If I don't feed them enough they will start pecking at the smaller birds. Needless to say, I feed them all they can eat. Five of the chicks are going to a co-worker at school. Holly is not happy and is guarding them until they leave tomorrow morning. I promised her some more chicks, as soon as I can manage it.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Holly is such a good chicken mommy!!!
She's so darn cute with them.
HUGS to all especially Holly

Kim and crew

Maggie's Farm said...

I feel so bad for her but after cleaning the bathroom for an hour and still not done I'm glad I got them outta there.