Saturday, January 02, 2010

Windy and Cold


If it's going to be winter it might as well snow a bit. It's the in-between weather that is tiresome to me, you know, when it's 45 - 50 and muddy everywhere. I love a snowy landscape with crystal clear blue skies and crispy cold air. I even love the fierce storms, as long as I have food and power, that is. There's something so cozy about being inside my barn apartment with lots of candles burning, Christmas lights glowing and the weather going crazy outside. I ran out of cat food today, and the kitties are enjoying some of the chicken soup I made yesterday. They are eating the big chunks of carrots, a surprise to me, but then they've been boiled in lovely chicken broth. I stopped by Mary's over the creek and hill from me, and saw her first Wooster lamb of the season. Remember, after W. jumped the fence and had his way with my ewes I made a gift of him to Mary, who was thrilled to get some "mule lambs" from a big, hefty Bluefaced Leicester ram. There was the new babe in the barn with mom, with those long spindly BFL legs, nuzzling around her teats. I came home to look for any new lambs here. Nothing yet. Back to my spinning. I'm plying some very soft BFL/angora yarn, kelly green with some pink angora. The color didn't go over very well last fall, but spun up it's really pretty, and oh, so soft. I have several full bobbins. That's my MO, filling up bobbins without plying them, then I have to have a plying marathon. One more day of vacation then back to school. I took down my classroom tree and brought home the ornaments the students made for my tree. It's very heartwarming to see a teenager, who has had so many things go wrong in their lives, crafting such creative and beautiful things. I'll save them, ofcourse. Wish I could "save" the students, too. I'm doing my best.

No comments: