Friday, January 29, 2010

Finally Friday


It's Friday and I'm home for two days. My new doctor, Nurse Tanya, tells me I have to get my blood pressure down. I better do some spinning this weekend. The temp is dropping and wind is howling. The door over the hay elevator is banging against the barn. I would like to do some moon watching tonight but it's tough to stay outside for very long. The dogs did their business immediately when I took them out and it's a good thing. We ran for the barn door when they were done, with me in the lead. I brought Thor, Finn and Knut inside the barn. After all, the sheep are in here, why not the dogs. Then they can guard us all. I love my big white boys. When they see me they roll over for me to scratch their bellies. Speaking of bellies, Matt just passed his killer Building Performance Institute Analyst test today, with flying colors. It has all kinds of physics, algebra and technology. He had to demonstrate his ability to do home audits. Last week he became certified in mobile home audits. He's a rock star. All my years of school and good grades and I never hear a "good job." Most teachers don't. They just soldier on from paycheck to paycheck and try to keep supervisors off their backs. I'm happy for Matt. He's a worn out carpenter who has really hit the jackpot, maybe not monetarily but certainly professionally. He will be going to NYC and the Bronx to teach weatherization in February. And they always buy him lunch...

No comments: