Saturday, January 23, 2010

Tanker




Tanker had his first playtime outside today in this lovely sunshine. He's still a little nervous, which I think is a result of the circumstances of his birth, being stuck behind the stock tank for several hours. He's apparently getting something from his mother's udder, as he nurses enthusiastically, but it's not enough. When he sees me coming with his bottle he goes nuts. Tanker has a teeny tiny baby voice which is very easy to distinguish from other lambs. I'm really fond of the little guy and enjoy our visits together. Luna is the only other bottle lamb, and Billy Goat is the only bottle kid. Billy is not a good nurser and has to be coaxed to eat. He follows me all around the apartment and butts my leg gently like I'm his mother. I love to watch him dance around the floor. He would like me to hold him all the time, and I would love nothing better, as he relaxes into my chest and feels so good. I'll be relieved when he goes to his new home in Canada, as soon as his testing is done. He needs to bond with his new family, and I need to work at night.

2 comments:

Henya said...

This is so funny. My DD #1 was translating something for me from Yiddish into English and said, by mistake, "Kids and other animals", I thought about you right away.

Maggie's Farm said...

She has kids on her mind, too! And not necessarily the human kind!