Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Rained Out July 4th Market Day




What a disappointment. I was warned by Pat, the stained glass lady in the spot next to me. She was smart enough to stay home. Pat told me when people come for a parade they are more interested in food than crafts. Turned out to be true in my case, although I did sell one bag, one shaving cup with brush, one skein of yarn and one photo notecard, along with about a dozen bars of soap. I'm sure there were vendors there who wished they sold that much, and others that made a killing. The line for the kettle popcorn was a mile long. The sky was cloudy when we left and sure enough it started to rain. My pop-up was still in the barn in the tractor shed. It's been so long without rain here it just wasn't on my brain, and it didn't make it into the truck. I was so tired this morning I could hardly get the coffee made and load the truck, so I didn't check the latest weather report. I am constantly berating myself with the "personal responsibility issue." I don't blame others any more for what I should have figured out myself. I vowed not to haul my whole store out under a cloudy sky ever again. It's just not worth it. Even with a pop up everything gets damp. The parade did go on and I got a kick out of the floats. The state is threatening to put a power line through this area and people are organizing against it. Eminent Domain will likely prevail, but I like to see people get mad and get political!

No comments: