Friday, July 20, 2007

Big Night Out


We piled into the pickup and went to town for pizza last night, then took off to Norwich to see Harry Potter. It's playing at the Colonia Theatre, a real throw back to an earlier age where they don't even take credit cards. The movie was very entertaining, although I was a bit concerned about Master Luke, age 5, getting frightened by the Dementors, etc. Hannah read the book and liked the movie. It was long - 2 hours, 18 minutes, with a half hour of previews (enough time to run to the cash machine two blocks away.) I love the big screen and don't get out to the movies enough. I think, yep, this is the first movie I've attended since I came to the farm. After a day of work and chores I tend to settle down with the telly, where I can flip around and watch several movies at once if I want AND spin wool or groom a bunny. Nathan is bringing me a bunny or two every night for grooming. I just sit on the easy chair and he does the fetching and bringing back. I do confess there is nothing like the BIG screen and a container of popcorn...

No comments: