Monday, July 09, 2007

Hot Day in the Hay Mow


Very hot here today...like almost everywhere else in the US it seems. Randy and Greg came to help us with moving my big bedroom set down from the haymow. I swept the hay floor and found many reminders of last summer when we used the hay mow as our living room. Can't believe it has been a year and I feel totally at home. The winter in the tin can didn't kill me and I managed to hold down a new job. They actually want me back next year! I found two tiny little white kittens under my triple dresser. No mom came out to claim them while I was working up there so I put them in with my Evangeline and her kittens her in the milk room. She is very mellow and immediately started to wash them. If kittens are left to be wild I can't catch them to get them fixed when the time comes. I can't wait for Hannah and Luke to see my beautiful kittens. I know they will have fun playing with them. Don't have any baby bunnies for them now, but I have kittens! Got the second coat of poly on the two bedrooms so we can move furniture in there tomorrow. Even found the tips of my pine four poster...BUT can't find the slats to the Queen Anne king bed. Don't have a king mattress yet, either so that bed will have to wait. There's always something. Was reminded of the importance of all these kitties when I found rat dung in my dresser drawers from when the furniture was stored in the garage at the last place I lived "pre-kitties." No rats here! Only 80 in the barn apt. although it was almost 100 outside. Cold front moving in this weekend. Matt and I are going to the Tinicum Art Festival in Buck's County, Pa. and leaving Auntie Mia here with Hannah and Luke. The Madison County Fair is going on in Brookfield and there are many rides and activities for her to take them to. Matt has to get the lean-tos from the pasture in Pa. where we grazed our sheep which he can do while I am working the festival. No income over the summer - have to go where the money is.

1 comment:

Gretchen said...

now those look like some happy kitties! but if I got to sleep on a mohair mattress I might be have happy too! Love the kitties!