Friday, December 28, 2007

Time to Go Home






It's tough to leave this beautiful setting, where the sun shines so intensely and everything is illuminated in a light we do not enjoy in the East. Eric and his family have a nice life here. I hate them being so far away but I do so enjoy coming to visit. I'm off to the airport in an hour and headed for snow and fog. Eric has promised another visit in the spring. I had a good snuggle with Hannah last night underneath her electric blanket. This house is stucco and doesn't hold the heat well. It's chilly and great for sleeping. Yesterday I sat outside in the lovely back yard garden where roses are blooming and cherry tomatoes are ripening in the cold and sunshine. Hannah showed me the ice in the bird bath and we threw the ball for Booker, Eric's English Pointer bird dog. I didn't want the day to end.

No comments: