Monday, December 10, 2007

Out of the Loop

I pulled into the school parking lot and guess what? It's almost empty. It never occurred to me to watch the local news or check the school website. The Norwich BOCES has a two hour delay. All the sending districts have to close for our school to close, and one is open, so my trip wasn't a complete waste of time. I didn't think the road conditions were that bad. I've driven here in a lot worse weather...but people are more afraid of ice than snow. I have work to do, that's not a problem, but oh, it would have been so nice to take my time in the barn and play with my little Sparkle. I love to reach in the pen and snatch up the new lambs for a hug, while mom does her "give it back! give it back" baaing. They smell sooo good and feel so wonderful. Sparkle has long black legs and a very sturdy body. Wish I had a scale to weigh her. Maybe Santa Claus will bring me one.

No comments: