Monday, December 17, 2007

Alarming Morning


The carbon monoxide alarm woke me up at 4:30. Opened the window a crack. The power had gone out during the night - so had the stove. The wind is howling and shaking the barn on top of us. I saw the plow go by, does that mean school in Brookfield today? Got bundled up and went out to check for lambs. Cold, cold, cold in the barn. Wish Matt had gotten the hay mow openings closed off. There is a terrific updraft, sucking any warmth the sheep make right up into the huge empty barn. God willing next year it will be full of hay and so much warmer for all of us. Have to suffer through another winter with an empty barn. Going out of the apt. means taking the dogs out. I let them out the workroom door into a drift. Izzie and Jackie wouldn't go out at all - smart dogs. No lambs, everyone resting comfortably. I'm trying to watch for closings or delays. Gretchen said she would call me with any news. I sure don't want to go out in this snow and wind. The Red Rocket might be blown right off the top of some of these hills. Let me go and watch the weather report.

No comments: