Saturday, May 19, 2007

Sleepy and Cold


What to do, what to do. I thought today would be my first showing at the Hamilton Farmer's Market. I need Matt to help me load up but he is fast asleep. He worked in NJ then went to a building seminar on the new Winter Panels in Vermont with Jan's husband. If they can get their palace in NJ sold Matt will build them a house using those panels here in Brookfield. Woke up to no propane in the trailer, 36F outside. He usually leaves me for the week with an empty camp potty and a full propane tank, but not this time. Cold trailer, no hot water. When I heard, "Do you love me, honey?" coming out from under his sleeping bag I said, "NO!" Not this morning! Looks like a no-go on the farmer's market. I need to make more creme and little bags, anyway. The forecast had said rain, or I would have loaded up last night. He needs the big truck for getting hay in today, not an easy job. I guess I better love him a little bit.

Oh, lovely, shots coming from the pig farmer down the road. Probably killing a pig for a barbecue today. What a lovely thought. He is still pissed off at me for not letting him hunt on my property. A magnificent 12 point buck ran into my apple orchard and, wisely, stayed until the heat was off. Don't know when he moved on and he is probably dead now. When I heard his snorting I called into the night, "You're safe here! Better hang around!" He didn't listen.

No comments: