Saturday, May 26, 2007

Hamilton Farmers Market


My first day at the Hamilton Farmers Market went well. The weather was absolutely perfect. It was difficult to get up at five, do chores, pack the truck and leave at 7:30. I was sure the market would be full of customers already, but I got there in plenty of time. Gretchen and Laurie from school hadn't arrived to set up their booth yet, and many vendors came after me. People were interested in what I had, and I know now what I need to do to be successful at this market over the summer. After all, this is my summer job and I have to make the most of it. Smaller, less expensive bags, more unscented soap, and hand creme are at the top of the list. Funny, I didn't sell a single farm photo note card. I guess there are so many people around here who have their own farm animals, the cards were not a hot item. I usually sell at least a few chicken cards!

No comments: