Thursday, May 03, 2007

Side by Side


Thor and my little friend Velvet make a lovely couple don't you think? Velvet is gaining weight and getting stronger and stronger. She screams and runs across the barn when she hears my voice, and waits for me by the milk room door when I come home from work. She nibbles on my chin and sucks on my lower lip when I pick her up, so I know she thinks I am her mother. Okay with me. I am so thrilled that she lived and is thriving. It wasn't too long ago I was warming her on the oven door and tube feeding her because she was too weak to suck. I love happy endings - or beginnings I should say.

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

They are a cute couple. Goats have such a sense of who they are...peers to the world, in their minds. And your dog seems to be a great buddy for her. It makes me smile to see them together.