Sunday, May 27, 2007

Any Bit of Shade Will Do...


One of the Goatie Boys (he is either Nils or Lars, I can't tell anymore) is using my sheep show trailer for a little shade. Their run-in section of the barn must be full. This was my second trailer, purchased from Doreen Keller of North Country Spinners. I was going to live in this one until the barn was ready, but Matt brought home the bigger one, purchased from some cantaloupe farmers in New Jersey. The big one will go to Will, my pig farmer neighbor, to be used as a logging/hunting trailer in exchange for some firewood. I have another trailer, a 1962 Shasta, still in the field in Williams Township, Pa. I used it for lambing when I had no barn. It felt so weird, to be holed up in my tiny trailer with no heat or water, surrounded by developments filled with luxurious vinyl boxes. I am so happy to be out of there...people would pull up at the fence and watch me tending to the sheep. I hated that. Around here people have their own critters to tend to and I feel much more at home.

No comments: