Sunday, May 27, 2007

Working Hard on our New Home



Big Daddy is sanding the floor in the barn apartment, getting ready to put the polyurethane coating on the beautiful pine floor. I don't know if two coats is enough, with my crowd of critters. Matt is doing such a good job, hand sanding rough spots left by the big sander. Steve brought it over before he went on vacation with Kelly and the kids. What dear friends they are, helping us get under a real roof as quickly as possible. Matt told me to leave him alone today...fine with me. I kept him running all day yesterday with picking up round bales and going south to get my new ram and ewes. It had to be done - I purchased the little guy a year ago and Kathy Davidson graciously held him for me all this time...but enough is enough, and she has her own sheep to feed. That pine floor feels divine under my bare feet. Matt has proclaimed there won't be any cat boxes in "his" apartment. I completely understand...we can install a kitty/dog door and keep a couple of boxes in the rest of the 18,000 square feet that makes up our barn.

No comments: