Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Good News From Nurse Mia


My little Pupkie called to say she was offered a job in the neuro unit (strokes, etc.) at Morristown Memorial Hospital - the place she was born 27 years ago. I am so thrilled for her. Ever since she took a year off from Rutgers to work in the bone marrow transplant center as a tech to see if she really wanted to pursue nursing, she has set her course and followed her stars. They examined her transcripts and set up theoretical nursing scenarios for her to respond to. What a relief to have her set in a job and a career. After three transfers and two changes of majors I was hoping she would decide on something, and wow did she. It seems like yesterday I left that hospital without her, as she was premature and only three pounds. Now she is a powerhouse of ambition and talent. I am so very proud...

No comments: