Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Final Tally


I think I ended up with 33 lambs and 15 goat kids. It just doesn't seem like enough considering the enormous amount of blood, sweat, tears, money and sleep deprivation I put into lambing this year. Gosh darn, it took a lot out of me. I'm not over it yet...and it's not over yet. All those lambs and kids need shots and worming right now. And I have to get the shearer here again. I have about 15 sheep and 35 goats that need shearing. Maybe I can get the BOCE kids here to help me. One more field trip before the end of the year. Gretchen organized a trip to the Farmer's Museum in Cooperstown. Maybe we can have an addendum trip to a real farm for some contemporary true-life drama. I can't catch all those lambs and kids by myself!

1 comment:

Kathleen said...

Maggie! Our goats have begun their kidding at the farm in Colorado. There are pictures posted on my blog. The babies are so cute!!! They're probably cuter to me, because I didnt have to be out there in the pen, worrying about pulling any.