Sunday, May 27, 2007

New Handspun


One nice thing about sitting at the Farmer's Market for the morning is getting to spin, spin, spin. I am stuck there with my spinning wheel, what a gift! People love it and bring their kids over to show them how their clothing used to be made. I got this hank plied and put my dish network satellite to good use. It is mohair, wool and angora, slightly overspun and rather tightly plied, which I seem to be doing lately. It is extrememly springy, ala Bluefaced Leicester, and a delicious mix of pinks, purples and sea foam (Rit Dye) green. Yummy! What a fabulous pair of socks this would make, or a cardigan sweater. Don't think it can be work next to the skin because of the slightly coarse mohair. I will have to send Leslie, my incredibly wonderful web mother, a picture to put on the site.

No comments: