Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Hand Creme a Big Hit



My Shepherd's Friend Hand Creme was a big hit at the NH Sheep and Wool Festival. I almost sold out...brought home four jars out of 68 I took to sell. I think I have finally got the recipe just right, after a year or so of experimenting. The jojoba (VERY expensive!) and sweet almond oils do the trick, I think...along with just the right amount of shea butter and beeswax, added to the Cuisinart in that order. It's so much fun to make, and so pretty in the canning jars with fabric on top. Where, oh where can I find more of this bee fabric? That will be a trick.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Be sure to write the recipe down so you'll have it just right for next time! I'm glad the hand creme was popular!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

I know Daryl has taken over my jar of the hand creme and won't use anything else -can we say spoiled???
For fabric check out this place - I just got some there to make rompers for my niece :)
http://www.bugfabric.com/bees_flies.htm