Thursday, May 17, 2007

Bottle Girls


Every morning I kick and toss the dogs off me in the trailer bed, yell Doggies Out! and open the door, holding Pip by the collar. We all tumble out, me holding on to the handle with one hand and Pip by the other. I snap his line on - he is runner - and go back to press the button on the coffee pot. It's boots and fleece top on and I am off to the barn to make bottles. Brandon, Bridie's twin, is not pictured here. He is yelling outside the milkroom door. The girls have slipped through when I peaked out to get the empty bottles I left inside the barn yesterday. Since I am near the camera I reach over and get this picture. Most people buy hanging buckets but I have always done it this way. With buckets the big ones drink their fill and push the smaller ones out of the way. You don't know how much they are getting. It was rough when I had SEVEN bottles to juggle. Now I am down to three. After two months they can be weaned - but try telling that to them!

No comments: