Saturday, May 26, 2007

Meet Wooster, Amber and Linnea




When I got home from the Hamilton Farmer's Market my brand new registered purebred Bluefaced Leicester ram, Wooster, was waiting for me, along with a registered yearling ewe, Amber. Wooster is from United Kingdom stock and will put some good new blood into my flock. Kathy Davidson of Potosi Farm in Glen Rock, Pa. raises gorgeous purebred BFL's, and Legolas is bred out, so enter Wooster. Kathy is having a heck of a time with drought there and her pasture is pretty thin, so she gave me a good deal on another "high percentage" ewe who I will call Linnea. (It was the birthday of the Swedish botanist Linneaus last week.) I am thrilled with the sheep. After working 10 hours yesterday and driving 4 hours home last night in holiday traffic, Matt got back on the highway today to meet Kathy in Scranton. She was delivering sheep to Port Jervis and since she was heading north, we made the arrangements. He got caught up in accident delays both times. I am so grateful to Matt and Kathy for making this happen for me. Look at those blue faces and gorgeous fleece on Wooster! I better go check on them...

No comments: