Monday, December 27, 2010

Time to Enjoy


I really took some time to relax and enjoy myself over Christmas weekend. I think I kind of crashed. It's not like to me to sit on the sofa watching TV or reading the paper. I even read a few pages of Vendetta, a book by Victorian writer, Marie Corelli. An English PHD was at the Riverkeeper show selling copies of Victorian era books he had recently edited. This book reads just like Edgar A. Poe. I got through a few pages before my eyelids became very heavy. I realized I had been going full-tilt since my first craft show last September. Something's got to give and I'm trying not to feel guilty. I pulled my dusty spinning wheel over and played with wool for a while. My kitties had other plans for my wheel. They knocked some little balls off the Christmas tree and rolled them under the treadles for their favorite "find the elusive mouse" game. How gloriously wonderful to rest, relax and enjoy the little things we miss in our daily rat-race.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

One more section of stove pipe should solve your back draft problem it needs to be further above the roof.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, I do need another section. Trouble is, I have to rent a lift to get it up there. It's "on the list."