Thursday, December 09, 2010

More Snow



It just keeps coming and coming, courtesy of that lovely Canadian wind that blows over the warmer water of Lake Ontario and turns it into a giant snow making machine. I slept right through my 3 am stove-stoking assignment and woke up to a cold apartment. Then the recalcitrant hot-water-heater decided not to click on last night. Cool bath for me. Good thing it's not wash hair day. This is why I keep my long braid. It can stay in for days if necessary without betraying my shampoo challenged lifestyle. My goats can't jump up and pull my hair when I'm feeding them and I can tuck it into my Carhartt jacket. This is the fourth or fifth day of snow, with a big storm forecast for this weekend. I have to get to school early for a parent meeting, and I have to stop at the market on the way as I forgot to get the writing gel for a student's birthday cake today. I made the cake, but this young lady specifically asked for her cake to say "Happy B-day Brittany, 18 years old." I am the unofficial birthday cake fairy in my section of the school. Many of our students wouldn't get any kind of birthday recognition at home, let alone a cake. Better get moving. I have the F150 back today, which Matt was driving yesterday to bring my trailer home from Syracuse. That big engine sure puts out the heat. Won't that feel good...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's so special for your students!! be careful! love you! see you tomorrow!! yah!