Thursday, December 02, 2010

Demons


There is a demon living in my computer and it's making mischief with my pictures. Some pictures don't load and some load twice. Oh, well, we do our best. I'm a Cold War kid who was dragged into cyberspace kicking and screaming. I do need my pictures, especially the animal photos, because they fill me with love and longing for all the creatures who make my life so meaningful, and so crazy. And it's about to get crazier. I'm going to start putting together jugs, or lambing pens, for the moms. A few are about to pop, but it's hard to tell. Some give me a heads-up when their udders swell, others have no swelling at all until they give birth. I reach under and give a quick squeeze to check, which always sends them into a leap of surprise. It's cold now, 20 F. this morning, and my hands are icy. My lamb sweaters are ready to go, and I bet I could talk Kimmie Cornerstone into knitting me a couple more with her lovely angora blended into the wool for extra warmth. Back to work, lunch is over and duty calls. I don't think this box has demons in it, we'll see.

3 comments:

Crazy Lady with purple fingers said...

Just love your big balls of fibre...want to reach in and grab one and start spinning!! Good luck with the lambing...kidding...I miss having little ones...

Mel said...

Technology can be a fickle friend, indeed.

Hope you've got some time to whip up more hand creme. I got you a little publicity in this week's Knitter's Review: http://tinyurl.com/2g2u2al

Maggie's Farm said...

Thank you for your kind words about my fibre, Crazy Lady with Purple Fingers, and as for you, Mel, with Knitters Review - bless your heart! I can use all the help I can get! It's hay feeding time!