Sunday, December 05, 2010

I Could Get Used to This


Candace Cain, creator of fabulous silver earrings and Extreme Felter, leader of the Clan of Candace, owner of the MOST beautiful red curly hair, asked Kimmie Cornerstone and I to join her, along with her sister the Fed Ex lady, for Indian dinner. Since the restaurant was on the way to the Holiday Inn where Kim and I were planning on spending the night I said sure. I adore Indian cuisine and haven't had any since I left Morristown 12 years ago. After a terrific day at the Plowshares Craftsfair we covered our booth and headed out. Oh, the dinner was fantastic. I had mango chicken and Kim had biryani chicken, with rice that was full of cashews and golden raisins. It was sooooo delicious and I really enjoyed the sitar music when the waiters remembered to keep it going. Kim and I had a gracious invitation to stay with Dale Sherman and his lovely family in their beautiful home, but Matt suggested we go the Holiday Inn route. I think he feels guilty with all the travelling he's been doing and staying in 4* hotels while I'm home in the barn. All those chocolates left on his pillow night after night... I confess I could get used to this. Everything is sparkling clean with crisp white sheets and bouncy carpet under my bare feet. I fought to stay awake last night so that I wouldn't wake up at 3 am, but gave in around 9. I just couldn't make it all the way through the battle between the Greeks and the Persians, although Brad Pitt was helping... Woke up at 5 and listened to Kimmie snoring for a while in the other bed. She gave me a skein of her lovely Koo-Aid dyed handspun last night with some double pointed Mei-Mei's just in case my classic insomnia raised it's ugly head. I also had Christine White's felting book with me, but knitting prevailed. I love to knit in bed, the skein around my knees, winding the ball, casting on 60 stitches for socks. I got two rounds knitted before I decided to go wandering in the hotel. Put my coat on over my red plain LL Beaner granny gown, stepped in my Danskos and off I went. I smelled the coffee when I opened the door and followed it to the continental breakfast, already set out at 6 am. This is not a B&B in the Cotswolds, but it certainly works for me...and I can check my email in the "business center." God Bless all you folks who bought my soap yesterday to pay for all these amenities! Another day at the show, and this time I will have been well-rested and can stand up all day without swaying in the breeze! Creme sales were brisk, along with soap, and two Bundaflicka Bags walked out of the booth with two new adoptees. Kimmie sold a few of her lovely knitted caps, spun from my Rambouillet wool. Not a lot of handspun sold, but much stroking and cooing was done over it. I sold a couple of Mother Fiber sampler packs to people who loved the look of it but really don't know what to do with carded wool. Glad to get them curious about the fiber arts. The report from a much beleagured husband last night said no lambs yet, but he got some hay in and made the run to the Louis Gale Mill for feed. The F150 is acting up again. He will take it to Ron for a look-see on the way to pick me up at the show tonight. I'm expecting lambs this coming week. Was hoping to get through Delaware Riverkeeper next weekend before the little wet bundles of joy start dropping. Thankfully the new washer is installed and running. I know I will be spending time on the floor in the barn with the moms and babes. Kimmie brought me three knitted lamb sweaters - bless her heart. The shivering darlings will be toasty warm with love in every stitch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I e-mailed you to come for a visit after Rhinebeck- to buy a ram from you & never heard back from you.

I did contact Susan about her wool for you.

Good luck with upcomming lambing season.

Stubby Acres Farm- NY