Wednesday, December 01, 2010

Bunny Mitten Weather



I'm a little woozy from cutting up 120 bars of almond soap, while sitting next to the same amount of anise soap, curing on the rack. Oh, the smell is divine. I'm cutting up fabric and labels, getting ready to wrap this soap. I do enjoy wrapping the bars. I adore colorful quilt fabric. It's hard to get more of a fabric I like. The lady in the quilt shop, Sew Nice, told me she can't keep the same fabric in stock as she must make room for the new bolts that are always coming in. So I try to match fabrics as best I can with new fabrics. I'm tired tonight and might give in to bed time early. It's cold and wet outside after an afternoon of rain, then sleet, then hail, then snow. I was reminded how cold hands can get while doing chores in this weather. The sheep are snug and dry in the barn, just the way I like it. A mother hen is parading around the barn with ten tiny new chicks. I'm amazed at the way she leads them around the great big sheep and nobody seems to get stepped on. Tomorrow I have to take some Motherfiber to a basket maker who used it in Susanne Farrington's felting class. She lives between Norwich and South New Berlin and I can go home that way. Proximity means everything to me. I'm always rushing home to the farm to check on the critters. It's nice to have some local interest in my fiber. Thank you, Susanne.

No comments: