Saturday, February 06, 2010

The Wheel of Life


The wheel of life goes round and round. I spin and meditate on what I need to accomplish, and it helps me get into a better head and put everything in perspective. I had a nice treat this morning. Mia called from her apartment in the historic Victorian where she lives in Morristown. They are getting the fringe of the big blizzard that's hitting Washington D.C., right now. I had just sat down to drink some coffee, check out the Weather Channel, and spin some of the fabulous chestnut angora fiber Kimmie Cornerstone gave me. I love to listen to her steady stream of news about the hospital and vast number of girlfriends. When she tells me what she has to deal with on the stroke ward I feel guilty about my job being so comparatively easy. She and Andrew are driving up next weekend for a short birthday visit. I'm hoping to get AJ here if he can get away from the seminary. With Easter coming early they are making all kinds of preparations. Every biblical episode seems to generate a holiday or feast day in the Orthodox Church. Mia is flying to California to visit Eric and family and celebrate her best friend, Lisa's, birthday. I will spin a few more minutes before morning chores and a trip to Louis Gale, the feed mill, in Sangerfield. I buy chicken, goat and sheep feed there in 100 pound sacks at half the price of the local feed stores, including Tractor Supply. A ewe I gave to Mary last year gave birth to a pair of black ewe twins yesterday. I'm afraid to go and visit them for fear I will steal them in the middle of the night. Good thing they are guarded by five very dedicated big white Maremmas. My own lambs are getting so big I can hardly pick them up. That's what alfafa hay will do. I miss my little Tank so much. All those hours of holding him and nudging him to take his bottle. I should have secured Denzel in the other pen with the boys out back but I can't catch him myself. Bad management, but let's not get started. I'm determined to be happy and busy today. Maggie's Farm is, after all, a state of mind.

No comments: