Monday, February 15, 2010

Valentine Fur Ball





The Annual Valentine Fur Ball, for the benefit of the Chenango County Humane Society, just two miles from my school, took place on Saturday night, with the cream of the Norwich Glitterati in attendance. My lovely Holly came from the Humane Society after being rescued from a box on the side of the road. What a classy affair, with fabulous food and a terrific 80's band, the Splash. This was definitely a dance event, and the floor was never empty. Mia was really impressed with the music. We've picked out our outfits for next year, with Mia planning on wearing her old fire engine red prom gown. It was so much fun to eat and dance, then eat and dance some more. I saw one person from BOCES, the speech therapist, and a few people from Colorscape and the Hamilton Farmer's Market. A couple of people were looking at me, wondering where they know me from, and just decided to nod and smile instead of moving in to find out. Without my plaid shirt, braid, jeans and muck boots I was not easy to place. No matter, because the band was so loud talking was difficult anyway. Good reason to party-on.

1 comment:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Wow -you got yourself one handsome date there! Hope you guys had a fabulous time! Have a great visit with Mia :)
HUGS to all
Kim and crew