Friday, February 26, 2010

Home Again


Robin just called with good news. Another snow day. The carbon monoxide alarm went off about 2:30 AM and I opened the windows on both sides of the apartment. Didn't take long with the cold wind to clear the smoke out from the wood stove. Blasted thing doesn't work right when it's windy. Got up again to close the windows but couldn't get back to sleep. I wouldn't have been much good in school today anyway. Poor Matt took three hours to get home from the residential facility in the Catskills where he was teaching weatherization this week. He was holding a graduation there today but can't get back there. All his training equipment is still there. He had some stories to tell about his commute last night, like a snow plow being stuck, spinning it's wheels. He got home in time to watch the Canadian vs. US Women's Hockey game. Very exciting. Matt kept screaming OH MY GOD, OH MY GOD! Those rowdy girls played a real good game. The Olympic Committee is upset with the Canadian girls this morning after they smoked cigars and drank beer on the ice last night. I loved seeing those Finnish girls get their bronze medals. Disappointed with the skating long program. I don't trust the judging. How could Rachel Flatt be 7th after landing all those jumps? Oh, well, what do I know. I have enough hay for today, and will have to shovel like crazy to get out and go to Postma's to pick up more. The hay situation again...I'm almost out of kid milk replacer for Billy Goat, but could always milk out one of the moms if I had to. Billy was so happy to see me climbing up the ladder with his bottle yesterday that he pitched forward and fell out of the hay mow. Luckily he landed on hay, no broken legs. He spent the rest of the day and last night with me. What a cutie, I love his company but need to have the mop handy. He follows me around the apartment jumping on my nightgown like he's playing with another goat. I think I'm going to spin some more, drink some coffee, and make myself some toast with marmalade. Love that marmalade. It's the little things...

No comments: