Friday, February 26, 2010

Big News!


Mia just called to tell me Andrew popped the question, ring in hand. Two Jersey tomatoes will be pureed together! I was sound asleep on the sofa with my cell phone ringing and didn't hear it. Mia called the main phone and got Matt who woke me up. Then I heard the sweet little voice, "Mommy I'm engaged!" Mia doesn't know that Andrew called a week ago to ask our blessing, which was happily given. No date has been set, but when Mia said she can finally buy "all those magazines" I got the feeling a date will be set in the near future. I can't wait to see the flawless Tiffany diamond ring that has been in Andrew's family for generations. I'm so excited I think I better sit down and spin some wool, after I have a sip of sherry! Oh, I'm overwhelmed! My little Mia! Twin A! Briday showers! Dish patterns! Dress fittings! I better pick out a pattern and get started on a wedding quilt! My mind is racing! I'm thrilled! Marriage is a good thing...

6 comments:

Anna said...

How exciting. Congrats Maggie ( and Mia and Andrew)!

Cornerstone Fibres said...

Major congrats!!!! What a wonderful looking couple!
HUGs to all
Kim and crew

Four Owls Farm said...

Happy News for a sweet family, congratulations to you Maggie!

goatladysoapco.com said...

Happiness to all! Mia you are such a beautiful girl and from what your mom writes your just as beautiful on the inside too.
Best wishes always, Susie

Gretchen said...

That is so great Maggie!

Henya said...

Congratulations! May they be happy together and give you lots of grand kids.