Thursday, February 25, 2010

Lovely Lilly


While I was gazing at the pretty field yesterday morning, Lilly was being very affectionate. Her eyes were soft and her ears relaxed while she waited for her scratching. She's not asking for food, she's just enjoying my company. I kept backing up to take a picture of her in the snow, but she followed me everywhere I went. Lilly's son, Forrest, also has his mother's loving, gentle nature. His twin brother, Denzel, is a pushy, annoying bully. Sheep are so much like people with their many personality traits. I find them so interesting. Lilly's mother is still with me. I bought her ten years ago as a full grown sheep from a breeder in Ohio. Keeping these old ladies is becoming a challenge. I have one of my founding flock in a pen where I can feed her seperately as her front knees are totally shot. She seems very contented with her situation for now. I hate to think of Lilly being that way, but it will come. Sheep only live for 10 - 12 years and time is slipping by so quickly.

2 comments:

Cornerstone Fibres said...

She is such a wonderful and special sheep. Another VIS on Maggies Farm :)
HUGS to all
Kim and crew

Jody said...

She looks very sweet :)