Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Cold Again

The full moon shining on a winter wonderland is gone. Yesterday's rain left a muddy mess which will quickly freeze to ice with this morning's cold wind. Doggies woke me up at 4, thought about tackling the stove but left it. Had a heck of a time getting it going again when I did get up at 6. Have to buy some fire starters, something my pride has always rejected. Just don't have time in the morning. Told Rosanna yesterday I'll need more wood in January. Stove eats it like crazy. Fortunately Matt doesn't mind hauling it inside every day. Made coffee, took doggies out, have to mix pig slop and get up into the hay mow. New batteries in head light, what a difference. I accidentally washed my outfit for today with a lipstick in the pocket. Turned my favorite jeans and two Rhinebeck sweatshirts into a red streaky mess. Washed the jeans over in bleach, hope it came out.

No comments: