Monday, December 08, 2008

5 F.



Everything is frozen. The freeze-proof spicket is frozen because the pipe going into the milk room is frozen. Not enough heat in there. I have to buy one of those big box heaters...problem is, the box won't take any more juice. I need all new electric service. My beautiful, old, classic, wonderful barn, with all the gorgeous character and expansive space, comes with a freight train worth of "challenges." I woke up at 4:45. No lambs. Everybody resting comfortably except for one of the rescued Rambouillet ladies. She's got to be ancient, and she won't stand up - always a bad sign with sheep. A shepherd over near Fort Plain sold her farm, bought a Winnebago and took off. Matt made me promise - no more rescues. I carried water all over the barn this morning. Sheep can go outside and eat snow, but goats, rabbits and chickens need water. Speaking of water, I better get myself into some water and get to work.

No comments: